Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Measuring Volume

Last week in science class we completed a lab called measuring volume. The purpose of this lab was to help improve our measuring skills and to also learn how to find density= divide mass by volume. First every lab group started off with three primary color solutions, therefore we could make new colors. In the end we had made three new colors, such as purple, orange and green by mixing together different solutions. This would not be possible with out tacking the correct measurements. These skills can be applied in life when I'm in math class and need to find the density/ volume or mass of an object. My op ion on this lab was it was easy because all you had to do was mix solutions together witch is what I have been doing in art class since kindergarten.

Two new interesting facts I learned

*Some times the density is expressed as a specific gravity or relative density.
*Air can have density.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080429174102AAW9I2Y