Sunday, January 10, 2010

M6.5-Offshore Northern California Eathquake

Recently Northern California has experienced an earthquake, for the reason of, when plate tectonics move or rub up against each other. As a result of fault lines or faulting occurrence. Faulting is when a sudden lateral or vertical movement of rock ruptures the surface. An Earthquake is a disturbance in the earth's crust, but in some rare cases a plate moving can be a good thing because it releases pressure. In Northern California this particular Earthquake hit 6.5 on the Richter Scale. This was very dangerous because if anything hits over 6.0 on the Ritcher Scale it can be extremely dangerous and can kill and or hurt many lives. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to experience an Earthquake, although, I know it would be scary I think it would just be interesting to say I experienced an Earthquake.


htttp://eathquake.usgs.gov/eathquake/dyfi/events/hc/71338066/us/index.